The business of the company involves the distribution of lubrication and fuel oils throughout Cornwall and Devon from its base near Redruth. It is recognised that there are risks to the environment from the business activities and it is of the utmost importance that its employees take appropriate and reasonable care.
The company will:-
- Minimise the impact of its actions on the environment.
- Communicate its environmental performance both within the company and to the external community.
- Understand the sensitivities of its customers, including the pressures of growing and changing statutory and public concern about environmental issues, and assist them in complying with environmental best practice.
- Raise staff awareness of environmental issues and promote individual good practice.
Be committed to a process of review and continuous improvement of its environmental responsibilities.
- Ensure its vehicles are maintained, driven, cleaned and replaced with the impact on the environmental considered at all times.
- Environmental legislation will be met as a minimum and where possible exceeded.
- Employ sound waste management practices, including compliance with the requirements of the Producer Responsibility Obligations (Packaging Waste) Regulations.
- Make efficient and environmentally responsible use of energy, water and other natural resources.
- Develop and maintain emergency procedures to deal effectively with any significant environmental hazards which may arise as a result of its activities.
- Maintain current and reliable information on the environmental impact of the goods and services it supplies and make this available on demand to enable its customers to make informed choices.
- Require its suppliers to provide goods and services with the minimum adverse environmental impact, and give preference to environmentally aware suppliers whenever possible.